tirsdag den 9. juni 2009

My Biodynamic Raised Bed

We have a lovely garden by our summer house. Only problem is that it mainly consists of sand (and aggresive ants), making it more or less impossible to grow any crops.
So I decided to build a raised bad with automatic watering system. And during Easter this year (2009) I trained my limited carpenter skills.
Here is a picture of the result. The frame is standing on some root impermeable textile.

The measures are 240 x 120 cm. Very convenient when the wood comes in 240cm.
Once the bed was done I realized I had a major problem. It will take A LOT of soil to fill it up! And it is not like I am the owner of a truck.
To be continued...

1 kommentar:

  1. Der er to ord, jeg vil sige til dit projekt: jydekrog og trailer...